Sunday 7 November 2010

The final few from the October challenge:


Romeo - quickie sketch, acrylic and pen, worked from life, no undersketching

Another of Romeo, quickie, from life, no undersketching, diluted acrylic (paynes grey)

graphite stubby, quickie, from life

graphite stubby, quickie, from life

A quick Aussie, worked by loose eye from photo, black acrylic diluted and washed

NOW... since the October challenge got to be a bit of a flop I signed up for WC's page-a-day challenge for November. I decided not to force myself to stick outside my comfort zone but simply do whatever appealed and being okay with the fact some days I have a good bit of time (La at school, Lily cooperates with a nap, not lots of other chores, bits of time snuck in waiting for dinner to cook, kids go to bed easy) and somedays (sick child/ren, not feeling great myself, heaps of stuff to do, La in a full on mood etc.) I will barely have time to scratch myself let alone sketch. I used the same style paper - A5, 100gsm, white paper. Unfortunately a few of the images have a shadow from my camera taking the pictures. Here's the first few days of that:

Day 1: Ink

Day 2: Ink and acrylic

Day 3: Ink and acrylic

Day 4: Ink only (eep, obviously my first kitty... poor Jaspy!)

Day 5: Ink kelpie head - actually about life size here

Day 6: Jahzy and Sam (people are hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhharrrrrdddd *whines* Even using grid reference for proportions it was impossible to define features and muscles without badly representing how much nicer my poor victi... er... subject, looks in life. ~_~

No comments: