Wednesday 15 September 2010

Acrylic experiement

My grandma used to do oil painting and she was quite good! I've said for awhile I want to go have some lessons and learn to paint but lack the time and funds to do oils, so when I found myself in the dollar store looking at canvases I decided to get a little set of acrylics, a canvas, some brushes and have have a dabble.

I sketched this little fellow, roughed him in over about 15 mins of breakfast the next morning and started in on the details today. The background is going to change don't worry!

And here he is again after about half an hour. Hopefully over the coming week I can find a bit of kid-free time to work on him as he's still in need of a lot of refining!

And a closer up view of his widdle fluffy face...

Puppy is an Aussie Shepherd bred by the late Robyn Sutcliff of Sugargum Kennels in 2006. The sire was Trig aka Gr Ch Dykinta American Trilogy and the dam Elle (I think!) aka Ch. Sugargum Strike it Rich. I'm not which pup as they were all rather alike in looks! LOL

No comments: