Monday 31 March 2008


Black Tri
8 x 5.5" (20 x 14 cm)
Pencils on paper with watercolour background and tinting in the eyes.

Well... this is an experiment on a couple counts.

First in that I mucked about with a new technique and put some colour in the eyes despite it being a black/white pencil sketch.

Second - and the reason why the white is distinctly GREY and the detail in shading isn't showing particularly well and there appears to be a crease in the upper left corner- my ratbag child decided to use my scanner as a trampoline (argh, what possessed you to do that La?!?!?) and now it makes a lovely grinding noise instead of scanning so I tried to take the picture with my camera instead, which hasn't been terrifically successful.

3 comments:

Nalin said...

Wow Amanda! Your "doodles" are amazing! You have such a huge talent for drawing/painting dogs so realistically, and you imbue the images with a gentle kind of love, you can tell you really love your dogs! I love the combination of black and white with bits of colour too, very striking!

aussienut said...

I love this one - part of it's expression reminds me of Miss K. You can draw so well!!!

carles Comella said...

Interesant blog.